Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Meghan broke her arm

Monday night Caleb & Meghan were playing outside. Bart was grilling and I was inside cooking dinner. Meghan fell off the slide, and Bart went to pick her up. I noticed her arm was deformed and panicked. I ran up to my grams, she came down to get Caleb and we got in the car and took her to the ER. Yup, she broke it. It was the worst thing I have ever had to experience as a mother. They had to put her under so they could set it. She has a temporary cast on right now, and we go Friday for more x-rays. I feel so guilty, I wish I had been out there. All I can see is her arm in my mind over and over.
Meghan was such a trooper, she hardly cried on the way there or at the hospital. It was Bart and I who were crying. She is better and acting like herself. Only problem is she wants to run, jump, and be a kid and I am a nervous wreck. Until she has the hard cast on I will worry. I don't want it to move and have to go back in and have them do what they did Monday night. This is going to be a long 4-6 weeks! If you could pray that her arm heals normal, I would appreciate it.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Big giant hugs to you, bart, caleb AND meghan!! I hope these next weeks fly by peacefully.

Crayons and markers maybe??

Anonymous said...

Its me Ky (Heidi)..I didn't feel like signing in because its takes forever, so I just put anonymous LOL. Anyway..my mom told me the whole swing set fell over, how is it our family can't ever get a story right?! I will pray for Meg! :)