Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Happy Anniversary to me

Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary. Wow, it really seems a lot longer. When I said that to Bart he got kind of offended. oops! We have been together for 8 years though! So who remembered? My mom, Grandmothers, sister, one of my aunts, in-laws, and a couple of my friends.

One of my friends Jessica, called me today. It meant a lot to me that she remembered and decided to call. She just got back from her 2 week honeymoon (bastards!) She has moved away from me (wahhhhh) She says she will be back though, and I am holding her to it!

About 3 months or so ago, I realized what a TRUE friend is. All this time I had been fooled. How could I be so stupid? A true friend doesn't judge you or anything about you. Like where you live for example. A true friend remembers important dates in your life. Well you get the picture. This all really occurred to me when I went to Jessica's bridal shower. As I sat there in a room full of people I didn't know, she walks in. She sees me from across the room. She ignores everyone else and runs over to me and hugs me and starts crying. (I get teary thinking about this) I felt so honored. Then I realized it BAM! this is what a true friend is!!! Never have I felt with her conscious about my weight, where I live, etc. Some of my other "friends" make me feel like this.

To me, it really is the little things. She remembered my kid's birthday, my birthday, my anniversary. When Caleb and Meghan were born she made them quilts. I thank God that I met her. I hope that everyone can have at least one friend like Jessica. If you do, you certainly are blessed.

No comments: